Thursday, April 23, 2009
So see you there!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Anyway I took the cupcakes to Wodonga, and Antoinette, the hostess whipped her kitchen equipments and put the icing and decorated our cupcakes single handedly within ten minutes (another hand was used to carry her 6 months old - but I should also mention she has 2 older boys). Don't ask me how she does that.
PS. We drove through a lot of areas affected by fire on the way there and back. Gives me goosebumps seeing those ruins :( Very sad.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
1. My real name is not Linda. Holly molly such an ice-breaker! Well it's not like that. My name is Maria Yulinda but I always go by with Linda - since the day I was born. That is what my parents have been calling me all of my life. Though it's not always easy explaining it to people - and sometimes I just can't be bother. In fact I let my now-husband-then-fellow student called me Maria until we started dating.
2. I think I spent too much time studying. I did degrees in International Relations, Marketing and International Business -- only last year I decided that what I really really wanted was to be a graphic designer, so I did another course. Yet when I finished I ended up setting up my own business in baby online shop, specialising in baby t-shirts & onesies with quirky & personalised designs. I do all the designs though. Check it out on http://www.lollipopbaby.com.au (shameless advertising!)
3. My favourite actor is Audrey Hepburn and my favourite movie is My Fair Lady.
4. KFC is my comfort food.
5. I get bored easily. And I am getting a bit bored now....
6. Okay. Focus. I can't hold a tune at all, but my son is the best singer. He started humming twinkle twinkle little star since he was 12 months old. He still can't pull a string of sentence at the age of 23 months but he sings a lot. He opens his mouth the minute he opens his eyes in the morning and closes it when he closes his eyes at night but this note is about me, not about him so -- moving along..
7. I can say "I am sorry, I don't speak (Italian/English/Japanese/Chinese/French/Hebrew) language' in those languages. I said it to an Italian in Rome one night when I was backpacking in Europe, unfortunately he went on and on after that (and no single word was understood by me, since I didn't speak Italian, of course).
8. The most drunk I have been was on New Year's eve 2001. I was in Madrid, at a party of my Spanish friends' friend which I didn't know, passed out on a lounge next to a spew. I have never been drunk like that again in my life. Although it was still the best holiday in my life!
9. I would love to sky-dive and I have been nagging my husband to pay it for me for my birthday/christmas present. He said he'd give me one when he doesn't love me anymore.
10. My current ringtone is 'all the single ladies if you like it you should've put a ring on it o-o-o'
11. When I was quite young I climbed a tree and couldn't come back down.
12. When I was a girl, my hair was so long it reached my waist. I had it cut to bob when I was 13 years old.
13. I taught myself how to create a website -- check it out on http://www.lollipopbaby.com.au (shameless advertising #2)
14. I won the 'social butterfly' award in college.
15. I had my first crush when I was 6 years old.
16. I love my beauty sleep. I still need 9-10 hours sleep every night - doesn't mean I get it these days.
17. I am a coffee snob. My husband and I-- that is. We'd go to a cafe and the coffee has to have a right temperature, right density of milk and right amount of foam. Sounds bad but it's just like someone who doesn't like japanese food or korean food, we just don't like bad coffee.
18. Shamelessly, even though I am a coffee snob, I admit that I can't cook. My secret ingredients are the ready-made-sauces you can get at the supermarket.
19. I used to exercise regularly, at least twice a week.I hadn't really been into it since I was pregnant, but now I am getting back to doing bikram yoga and hoping that it will continue.
20. I love what I am doing but working from home makes me feel lonely sometimes.
21. The first concert I have been to was Jason Donovan. Eeks!
22. My parents live in Indonesia, two of my siblings live in Indonesia, I live in Melbourne, my other brother lives in Sydney and another one lives in Japan. We also have become quite a multicultural family.
23. Is it only 23? Aren't we there yet?
24. I thought Prince William was gorgeous, until he turned 20 and started to look like his father.
25. I have been enjoying wasting my time on this. I love procrastinating!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for
and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.
It doesn’t interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon...
I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow
if you have been opened by life’s betrayals
or have become shrivelled and closed
from fear of further pain.
I want to know if you can sit with pain
mine or your own
without moving to hide it
or fade it
or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy
mine or your own
if you can dance with wildness
and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
without cautioning us
to be careful
to be realistic
to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me
I want to know if you can
to be true to yourself.
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal
and not betray your own soul.
If you can be faithless
and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see Beauty
even when it is not pretty
And if you can source your own life
from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure
yours and mine
and still stand at the edge of the lake
and shout to the silver of the full moon,
It doesn’t interest me
to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up
after the night of grief and despair
weary and bruised to the bone
and do what needs to be done
to feed the children.
It doesn’t interest me who you know
or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
in the centre of the fire
and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom
you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you
from the inside
when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone
and if you truly like the company you keep
in the empty moments.
Friday, February 13, 2009
I am 'lulling' people to sign up for Lollipop Baby newsletter. Starting next month I am going to start randomly throwing some project freebies in our newsletters that you can download and print and use . Most of them would be related to babies, such as gift tags, party invitations, etc, given the nature of Lollipop Baby business. Here is a little teaser on what is going to be in the newsletter next month.
If you like it and would like to get a high resolution pdf of these postcards which you can print and send to your favourite people, you can sign up by clicking here. Don't forget to let your friends know as well!
There are some new baby t-shirts and onesies design on www.lollipopbaby.com.au -- please come and visit!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Some people called to say thank you for the generosity and that we didn't know how much it meant for them.
Some other people called, crying - telling the audience that the weekend was the worst weekend of their life, and that they saw everything they had disappeared before their eyes - their home, their cars, their family...
My heart just goes out to them. And all the beautiful heroes out there and so many of us who are offering their hands to help. We just don't know how precious our lives are until you get a wake-up-call like it.