Thursday, July 27, 2006

Week 7 - Where did they go?

I got up this morning feeling fine - Too fine in fact. My boobsies stopped growing overnight, I didnt feel sick when I woke up this morning. I am so worried. As the day passed I gradually felt a bit sicker but I am still not convinced.

I am having trouble finding the maternity carer as well. Turned out in New Zealand only the appointed Leading Maternity Carers can look after the pregnancy. It can be a midwife, a GP or an obstetrician. If it's midwife or a GP then all of your expenses are free. But turned out that many GPs are not providing maternity care anymore, and there are only so many of midwives that they are overbooked too. Many of the obstetricians offer fixed price to look after the pregnancy from the antenatal to the postnatal care, including birth. But the problem is, we don't know where we are going to be for the birth. Yet.

I rang a medical centre yesterday only to talk to an idiot who didn't have any clue about what's going on.

This is how it went:
Me: "I am looking for a lady doctor to look after my pregnancy."
Him: "Oh, we're pretty busy at the moment. You just want to have a pregnancy test, do you? Any nurse can do it, I can recommend you to go to the Accident and Emergency Clinic down the road."
Me: "Sorry, you misunderstood. I know I am pregnant. I have had a test. I need someone to look after my pregnancy, I don't need any test"
Him: "Oh i see. I'll have to check with the doctor if any of them can give you an appointment. So you just want the doctor to check the baby, don't you? Or do you need consultation yourself?"
Me: "Hang on. I am confused, I think you're confused. There isn't any baby yet. I am pregnant. I need consultation, not the baby"

Aaargh.

Ergo the quest for the doctor continues...(he actually said he was going to ring me back but it's already 24 hours and I haven't heard from him.)

PS. Suddenly everyone talks about baby and our plan about having one - and I had to keep my mouth shut. We're not telling anyone at least until I see a proper doctor.

19 July (wed) Gita had a baby yesterday but when I asked for details she asked me if I was sure I wanted to know the details. It'd put you off, she said. I said, of course I need details. It's part of the considerations".

No comments: